Patriot Forge Co. supplies carbon, alloy and stainless steel forgings with heat treatment, machining and testing. Patriot Forge, founded in 2001, is the largest custom open-die forging company in Canada and a leader in the global market. Through continual upgrades, we have been able to enhance our manufacturing capabilities to better serve the needs of our ever-evolving customer base from our two facilities in Brantford, and Paris, Ontario. We are currently recruiting for a Plant Manager to join our team.
Why Work at Patriot Forge?
» Competitive salary
» Paid vacation
» Growth opportunities within a large company
» Benefits Program
» Supportive team environment
» RRSP match
- Responsible for the direct supervision of supervisors, team leaders, and the activities of production teams; including all manufacturing processes and procedures, finishing, shipping/receiving, as well as the maintenance of equipment, buildings and property.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of plant operations.
- Responsible for maintaining delivery commitments and improving product and process non-conformances.
- Creates monthly forecasts and reports on month end results
- Maintains a regular presence on the factory floor and works to maintain high levels of communication with supervisors and shop floor employees
- Ensures that all safety policies are followed and remain relevant as the factory grows and changes.
- Responsible for the preparation of background information and future projections for the annual operating budget for production and maintenance activities, equipment and building requirements.
- Maximizes gross profit contribution within the manufacturing facility
- Demonstrates continuous ability to use the available assets to grow efficient output
- Recommends staffing levels for production activities and manages human resources in the plant, including recommendation of hiring and firing, and performance and wage/salary reviews.
- Responsible for ensuring the highest level of staff training to support the business plans.
- Maintain the highest quality of customer relationships, internal and external.
- Maintains a high level of communication with the sales and engineering teams, giving regular updates on capacity levels and/or constraints
- Monitors and adjusts plant capacities as required to provide best possible lead times.
- Minimum of 10 years industrial manufacturing experience, with five years of suitable direct supervisory responsibility
- Demonstrated performance as high-energy team player, with ability to manage people and administer results
- Engineering or Business degree a definite asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to manage human resources effectively. Ability to use team-building principles to constantly improve output and profitability
- Excellent organizational skills and capability of managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Computer literate and familiar with contemporary software
Should you possess the above credentials and are looking for an opportunity, we invite you to submit your resume to Patriot Forge Co. via the online application. We thank all that apply but will only contact those we wish to interview.In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Patriot Forge Co. is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment and selection process. Applicants should advise Patriot Forge Co. if you require any type of accommodation during the recruitment process.
• Full-time, Permanent