Patriot Forge Co. supplies carbon, alloy and stainless steel forgings with heat treatment, machining and testing. Patriot Forge, founded in 2001, is the largest custom open-die forging company in Canada and a leader in the global market. Through continual upgrades, we have been able to enhance our manufacturing capabilities to better serve the needs of our ever-evolving customer base from our two facilities in Brantford, and Paris, Ontario. We are currently recruiting for a Heat Treat Operator to join our team.
Why Work at Patriot Forge?
» Competitive salary
» Paid vacation
» Growth opportunities within a large company
» Benefits Program
» Supportive team environment
» RRSP match
- Set up and operation of furnace and agitator controls
- Light furnace burners
- Load and unload furnaces
- Operate overhead crane and forklift
- Quench forging product
- Fill quench tanks
- Check hardness of forgings
- Calibrate Brinell Scopes
- Grind pieces as required
- Ensure documentation/record keeping is accurate and up-to-date
- Maintain housekeeping (5S) in Heat treat area
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds as required
- Perform additional responsibilities as required and appointed by management
- Work various shifts with little supervision
- Completion of Grade 12 or 2 years’ experience working in a similar position is an asset
- Previous industrial experience, preferably in a foundry or steel industry
- Familiarity with material handling equipment (overhead cranes and forklifts) and the safe handling of large objects
- Demonstrated strong organizational, planning, coordination and priority setting skills to complete multiple tasks and projects
- Good command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated communication, problem solving, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Must be able to work in hot conditions and to stand or sit for extended periods of time
Should you possess the above credentials and are looking for an opportunity, we invite you to submit your resume to Patriot Forge Co. via the online application. We thank all that apply but will only contact those we wish to interview.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Patriot Forge Co. is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment and selection process. Applicants should advise Patriot Forge Co. if you require any type of accommodation during the recruitment process.
• Full-time, Permanent